Non Executive Director (NED)
|Most larger organisations have independent NEDs on the board working part time normally 1-2 days per month.They form part of corporate governance best practice and help to safe guard the shareholders interests.In smaller organisations, often family owned businesses there tend to be less NED involvement. This is usually because smaller businesses don’t see the role that a good quality NED can bring to the business. Independent NEDs should be able to:
- Contribute to strategic direction to help the business grow.
- Help reduce risk by helping to challenge decision making in a constructive pro-active way and helping ensure internel controls are functioning effectively.
- They should be able to help with issues such as succession planning or recruitment of senior personnel within the organisation.
- They should be able to some constructive input into the accounting and financial aspect of the business too.
At Sherlocks we can offer smaller businesses an effective NED service.
- We take the time to understand your business, learning about your customers, products and markets. This may involve attending trade shows, looking at competitor websites, so that when we meet with you we really do understand your business.
- We offer what you need for as long as you need it, from a 1/2 day per month upwards. This might be for a particular project, for eg getting a business in shape for sale, or help it through difficult trading conditions.
To see how we can help you contact us for a free no obligation meeting:
telephone: 01733 750591